Sunday 4 September 2011

& The Fun Starts...

I was unsure how to write these.. do I group the dates into categories or do I just point form them.. I think I will just try & jog my memory & go back to through the years.. oldest to newest.

I believe this date was my very first "set up".. with the whole "oh he's a lovely guy.. give him a chance, I really think you would be great together". This has really paved for the way for all the other doomed "set ups".

Lets refer to this one as Shaun*. Shaun was a relative of a friend.. or a relative of her friend. Or something. Back then, I'm talking 2003ish I didn't really have a list of "must haves". I didn't have enough experience with guys to even know there were different types.. haha

So Shaun got my no & started texting me. I charmed him with my bad jokes (remember I was always that girl that played handball & shared fart jokes). We decided we'd meet up, for what I can only assume was my first proper date.
I got myself ready, being the hippo I was I hardly had my choice of exciting date clothes, I mainly shopped at 1626 or Kmart. I made a huge effort though, getting my hair cut.. putting my make up on.

Shaun pulled up in his "fully sick" Celica. It was white & had the biggest exhaust I'd ever seen. He'd never seen me & I'd never seen him (this was before camera phones & Iphones). He was short & looked about 15.. he spoke like he thought he was off The Wog Boy or something. We were both a little taken back. But I guess the polite thing to do was go along with it. We had decided to go to the movies. This was at Glendale...you know Greater Union. Except his doof doof car was not headed in that way. I questioned this, turns out we had to do a quick stop off to see his mate first. I chatted away, then we pulled up behind Broadmeadow McDonalds, you know that back street along the park. We waited, a few awkward silences, then his friend pulled up in his van & Shaun opened his glove box to show me his enormous pill stash. I had never had anything to do with drugs, I had no idea what was going on. But no doubt Shaun was dealing on our date so he had some money to pay for the movies. I cried. Bad, ugly cry. I demanded he take me home (after I got a chocolate Sundae) & I demanded he never speak to me ever again.. thats ok he said "you're fat". Well, sunshine don't go calling me names when I'm pissed off, he copped a mouthful that included words such as "pathetic drug dealing skank with a pathetic car".

This was my first set up.. I should've learnt my lesson to never ever do this again. I didn't..

Moving on to the next date in this timeframe that I can remember, I'm attempting chronological order here.. well the next guy was also a "set up". He will be referred to as Lee*.

Lee lived in Waratah. Which was perfect as I really do love Kmart. Lee had some issues. To start with after we first starting talking, I was getting prank calls. Turns out his ex-gf didn't like me too much, but how did she get my number anyway? Well the story I was told was that she turned up at his place to tell him she was pregnant & she stole his phone.. she then realised he'd been talking to me & started harassing me. Lee was a delivery driver (so I thought), I told him to leave me alone I wasn't into all this drama. Except he turned up on my door & seemed genuinely sorry that this had happened & wanted to still go on our date. We went out a few times, I met his mum & dad. I often bought him things. Including the time that we went grocery shopping whilst his parents were away & he conveniently forgot his wallet. So I paid. The he wanted smokes, so again I paid. It took me a little while but I realised he had a bit of a temper and a bit of an issue with lying.. his ex-gf was pregnant. He wasn't a delivery driver, he was a trolley boy. Maybe he classed that as a delivery service? I advised Lee not to msg me again & that I wanted back my $150. I'm still waiting.....

These two are just the start of my "set ups".. wait until we move onto the Myspace days & the first attempts at dating guys I've met when I'm drunk.. (both not good moves)

1 comment:

  1. At least *Shaun didn't give you a Hash Brown. lol

    ReplyDelete