Monday 5 September 2011

Liar Liar Pants on Fire Part I



I have no doubt I have been lied to many, many times. 



But there’s always those times that stick in my mind as being significant. Possibly because my feelings were hurt. There are small lies that are told, you know, “I can’t see you tonight because (insert reason here)” , or “It’s not you it’s me” (everyone knows this is rubbish, it’s ALWAYS you) or "yeah you look really nice in that" (fuck off you look like a bucket of lard in a cardigan) 


Those sort of lies I can deal with. It’s the big life changing lies that I don’t tolerate, yet some guys it just doesn’t phase them to lie through their teeth to me. 

The first story is starting off small, this was a crappy lie, & not one I'd say was life changing & although it was a lie, it wasn’t the worst of them. 

We will refer to this guy as Mick*, & yup he was from MySpace ( I was so vulnerable, somewhat desperate maybe). I didn’t set out to meet this one. I wasn’t feeling too good about myself around this time. It must have been 2005/2006. I was still struggling with my weight & had drifted away from a lot of friendships and had become a bit of a loner. (yes I was super depressed, but thats not what this blog is about, maybe I invented Emo before it became popular)

Anyway Mick chatted to me, told me I was very pretty. Clearly my head shots, self taken of course, were doing me justice. His pictures were the same, but I was naïve I didn’t think anything of the fact he only had a few pics from the shoulders above. 



After a month or so he asked for my number & we started texting. Then he wanted to meet up, I was a bit self conscious & surprised he liked me, from his pictures (all 3 of them) he looked quite attractive & somewhat out of my league. He had a hotted up Skyline and seemed like he was Mr Popular. 


He told me he was 6ft4 & was 110kg & played football. I found this intimidating & I put off meeting up again & again. 


Until I was at the beach late one Sunday afternoon, he texted me that he thought he saw me walking & I realised that was his Skyline parked in the car park. So I went over to say hi. 

The 6ft4 guy, was actually 5ft4, he missed a foot with his description. He also wasn’t 110kg. He was 190kgs (he later admitted that, I’m not guessing). I guess what’s 80kgs between friends? It's hardly like I was going to notice. 

Well yeah I noticed alright. I was rather annoyed, he spent weeks pretending he was something he wasn’t. Who does that? It was a blatant lie. I questioned him about this a few days after we said "Hi" in person & he told me he knew I would never be interested in him if he told the truth, which may have been true but I think I deserved the right to make that decision myself. 



At this time I was maybe 120kgs & hardly a catch. Maybe I would've really liked him had he been honest. Anyway he then proceeded to get mad with ME for being shallow etc. He completely overlooked the fact he lied to me. This wasn't the issue to Mick.. the issue to him was I didn't like him because he looked like a relative of Shrek. Honey, if you lie to me about something as obvious as how you look, you can't get away with it. You could've lied about anything else & you may have gotten away with it.


Maybe I should've just been happy he wore shoes?


This never happened again. I refused to meet anyone via the frigging Internet world again. Ever. Obviously online you can be whoever you want & you don’t have to be truthful. I should’ve told people I was Megan Gales twin sister. Jangan Gale who modelled footwear, mainly thongs, & who had a holiday house on Hamilton Island. 

I actually think each liar or lie deserves their own blog entry.. so I will tell another tale tomorrow.. or the next day, I can think of another 3 at least. 



No comments:

Post a Comment