Thursday 8 September 2011

Liar Liar Pants on Fire Part II



The next lies or liars, stuck to the same theme & feelings got hurt here. 

We will refer to this guy as Aaron*. I actually met Aaron at Wests. He didn’t live too far from there, as I seemed to be hanging out there quite often of a weekend (the downstairs Taronga Zoo Lounge was hilarious). I thought he was cute. I struck up a drunken conversation. It took a few weeks then he asked for my number. (I never ask for someones number, it’s just my thing). The first lie he told was that he was studying medicine at Newcastle University. He wasn’t, he was doing a Certificate in Nursing at Tafe. Same difference right? I mean who am I to judge I quit Uni after 12months. Although I’ve never lied about it. 

I didn’t find this out until the shit hit the fan after the other lies came to a head. So we’d been out a few times. He’d even been over to my house & met the parents. & I’d met his parents. He’d stayed over too. But I later learnt this was because it was the middle of Summer and the ducted air conditioning was apparently more attractive then me. I did find it odd he would send me texts during the day asking if he could come over & watch TV that night, I figured this had something to do with the fact I had Foxtel in my room, maybe it was both. (air con & foxtel really make me appealing)

Anyway, it was becoming very couple-y & I wasn’t really sure where it was going. 
I was out grocery shopping one day & ran into a friend, I mentioned this guys name (surname included) & that maybe I’d met someone who actually likes me. She laughed and said “that’s funny a girl I work with her fiancé has the same name”, after a few more questions we realised it wasn’t just the same name. This was the SAME GUY!! Yup he was engaged. This was bizarre, as I’d met his parents so who on earth did they think I was? Just their sons taxi service maybe. 

I got home from shopping rather frazzled and upset, so I called him. I wasn’t yelling or screaming. I just said “look I met up with a friend & mentioned your name, do you know Heather*, as umm apparently she’s your fiancé”. I thought this was reasonable & not accusing. But Aaron didn’t, he yelled at me for sticky beaking into his private life and that whoever Heather was , was not my business. Well Aaron, you’d been in my home, in my car, in my bed & in my pants (sorry mum). So yeah it was my business. The next lie he told me was they were on a “break”. But was she his fiancé, technically yes. Did he lie to me & pretend maybe there was something happening here & obviously I assumed he was single, yes. Did I feel like an idiot? Yes.  



I didn’t realise you had to actually ask someone if they are single when they've asked you out. I now do ask this on dates, just to make sure. I thanked Aaron for using me & wished him all the best for his upcoming wedding. The bitch in me wanted to call his fiancé and inform her, but I decided I wasn’t that person & let it go. 

This next liar, well it was only maybe 18months ago. So it’s the most recent of the lies. Lets call him Greg*. Greg was a train driver. He lived in Charlestown & he had two young daughters. I was hesitant to date someone with a kid, let alone two. But I mean I was 27, I’m hardly a spring chicken, guys my age & over are bound to have baggage. 


We hung out quite a few times, either getting dinner or movies or just hanging out. It was pretty casual. I was trying to be friends before I decided or agreed on anything else. He was awkward to talk to in person, like he didn’t know what to say. Or he’d be texting away to his mates (I assumed) when we were at the movies. He went away to Adelaide for work & asked me to take him to the airport & pick him up as he had “no other way” of getting there. So I did. (why can’t I ever say no). He texted me & called me every night, he was only away for 3nights. Then I picked him up & he was all “oh I’ve missed you” etc etc. Wow, I figured this one actually liked me. He wanted me to meet his girls, but I put it off, I didn’t want to be uncertain about anything & have kids involved, what if I liked them more then I liked him?

So I hadn’t seen him for a few days, and was getting my Facebook chat on with a friend (the same girl who told me about Aaron a couple of years earlier funnily enough). I told her I was sort of dating someone, or at least hanging out. She was too. We compared guys, his name was Greg too & he was also a train driver. Ummmmmm WTF!!! Yup it was the same guy. 



Turns out the nights he wasn’t texting me, he was texting her, or when he was with me & texting his “mates” it was her. She was also asked to take him to the airport but had to work. Although she had gone one step further then me & had sleep overs with him. I wasn’t too heartbroken, I was gobsmacked that I was lied to, & I didn’t have any real suspicions that he had someone else on the side. But never the less the story gets better. 

I asked him about this, of course the friend & I both texted him at the same time asking WTF. 

He responded to me, he hadn’t seen her in over two weeks and wanted to see what happened with me yada yada yada. He wanted to talk about it, I didn’t really. I didn’t feel a huge connection to be able to sit & listen to his apologies. He’d left his jacket in my car after I’d picked him up from the airport so I said I'd drop it off after I'd been out for dinner. I pulled up & got out of the car, this girl came outside on the verandah & I was a bit puzzled. Greg wasn't home, but his ex partner (mother of his kids) was home, not that I knew it was her, but she kindly told me who she was & that she moved back in with him two nights ago  & she also tells me to get the fuck off her property. I was so taken aback I just threw his jacket in the dirt & drove off.



Seriously, why do these guys like me? Why do I find every asshole there is & give them a chance. There's always a lesson to be learnt though. Don't lie. It's that simple. It will always come back to bite you. I don't think its unreasonable to be truthful, ie: mention your fiance, or the other dates you are going on or the fact you actually aren't going to be a doctor.


Good thing I don't hold a grudge.. oh , wait?



1 comment: